VSVN Polytechnic College, a Govt. aided Autonomous Institution noted for its discipline
and academic excellence, was founded in 1958 and managed by Mahamai Tharappus
of Virudhunagar business community. The department was established during the year 1985 and has been accredited
for 3 years by NBA, AICTE, New Delhi.
Department Mission: Our Mission is to provide quality education
with varied capabilities, design excellence and time based educational value to
develop the professional skills.
Long term Goals :
Short term goals:
- To develop ourselves as excellence
in the standard for teaching.
- To make our Programme globally standardized to train
the students in advanced, comprehensive skills and techniques involved behind Garment
design and production.
- To train the students in latest CAD systems to meet the
requirements for Industrial Garment Production.
- To stimulate our students to produce
targeted Fashion collection.
- To equip the students with sound
knowledge and skill.
- To upgrade the curriculum constantly to incorporate
innovations in ever changing Garment field.
- To evolve a friendly face of education
with emphasis laid on technology.
- To prepare professionals for Garment Industries,
with creative designing, technical, product development capabilities and Computer
Aided Designing skills.
- Housing laboratories with latest machineries and equipments
meeting the current trend.
- To sign MOU’s with reputed industries
- To conduct
EDP for students.