VSVN Polytechnic College, a Govt. aided Autonomous Institution noted for its discipline
and academic excellence, was founded in 1958 and managed by Mahamai Tharappus
of Virudhunagar business community.
The department was established during the year1971 and has been accredited
for 3 years by NBA, AICTE, New Delhi with the effect
from 21 – 06 - 2010
Department Mission: To develop
aspiring students towards imbibing the virtues for an overall development to enable
them to meet the ever growing challenged of the corporate world.
Long term Goals :
1. To promote the Institute as a venue for academic excellence.
2. To develop Self-reliant and Competent Technocrats by identifying, tapping developing
nurturing their potential through appropriate co-curricular and extra-curricular
3. To instill high standards of discipline and ethics among the students so that
they become enlightened individuals in the service of our nation and society.
4. To establish implement and maintain a well planned quality Modern management
system by adopting suitable administrative reforms and seek for continuous improvement.
5. To enter into MOU or collaborative arrangements with
other institute in India
6. To sustain Good placement for our students.
7. To attain total Financial Freedom and self sufficiency.
Short term goals:
1. To update the curriculam to suit
the need of the Industry and society.
2. To Modernise, Workshops, Laboratories, Communication facilities and Office equipments.
3. To attain self-sufficiency in facilities like Canteen, Transport, Communication,
Bank, Library, Sports, Medical Care and Recreation.
4. To design and implement Management Information System.
5. To give academic freedom
to all the Faculty Members and encourage to participate in all the activities of
6. To revise the recruitment procedures for both Faculty and student
satisfying the needs of the academic programmes such as adequate strength and objectives.
7. To conduct Personality Development Programmes both for faculty and students to
attain best attitude communication skill and leadership quality.
8. To incentive
suitably to the faculty on fulfilling their commitment to the entire satisfaction
of the institution.
9. To make learning simple and easy by utilizing modern teaching aids.
10. To offer counseling
and guidance to our students.
11. To give scholarship
widely for best students on their academic performance.
12. To provide career opportunities
to students through specialized professional courses and need based programmes.
13. To motivate our students for self-employment by developing EDP programmes.
To enhance Industrial-Institution interaction facility.
15. To give a pleasant and
hygienic environment to all the inmates in our campus.